Wednesday 15 May 2013

Giving the trophy back ...

It's a rather sad time for me this week. My reign as winner of the Joan Hessayon Award is coming to an end and I have to return the trophy at the Romantic Novelists' Association  Summer Party, so that it can be passed on to this year's winner.

The trophy
Now where did that year go?

Admittedly I didn't get to take the prize home until the RNA conference in July, after it had been engraved, but it seems to have been a very short space since then. I've enjoyed it so much. I don't really want to give the trophy back, but needs must. There are nine potential winners this time, it's a strong field and if I have to hand the silverware back, I wish it could be to all of them. There can only be one named winner, but they are all winners as they have achieved the coveted status of being a published author.

At the party last year, with my mum and author Anna Jacobs.










So (sigh) if I must part with my favourite toy, I know it will be going to a good home, where it will be cherished and admired as much as it has during its stay with me.

I do get to make a speech, before I part with it.

And it will always have my name on it, among the winners ...

No comments:

Post a Comment