Wednesday 11 June 2014

Something New?

I'm hoping I might have a novella published sometime during the summer - fingers crossed that it makes it through the Choc lit selection panel. If it happens it will be an e-book, something I've not experienced before - the same editing g process, the thrill of seeing the cover for the first time, the excitement of release day - but not an actual printed copy to hold in your hand. I'll miss that. You can't beat that feeling.

Will I have an e-book like Linda?


The novella itself is a little different from my mainstream writing - it's lighter, leaning towards rom/com rather than the dark stuff. Crime, but no dead bodies. It's set in the Italian Rivera and brings teenage sweethearts back together after twelve years apart, chasing a mysterious stranger who may or may not be up to no good, and a con man who is definitely a bad lot. I had a lot of fun writing it and revising it, which was quite a job. But that is completely another story.    

Here's hoping it makes it. It's over fifty thousand words, so it would be a great holiday read. I think so anyway, but I might be a bit biased. 
And Liz?



And the title? It's had several, but I'm keeping the one I finally fixed on to myself for the moment. If it all happens, I promise you will be the first to know. 




2 comments:

  1. I've just edited mine, Evonne - so it's catching! It was interesting to write a shorter length story, - although your's is a tad longer than mine. Good luck - and here's to happy summer reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris. Glad you survived the edit cave! I have that joy to come - I hope!

      Delete