Wednesday 15 April 2015

The Bucket List

I decided it was about time I had a new one. Something to aim at. And always fun to compile. I'm sure it will be a work in progress, but everything has to start somewhere. I'm not going to included stuff like finishing my PhD, because that's WORK. This list is for enjoyment. And - apart from a summerhouse, which I don't have room for, and a pair of Charlotte Olympia shoes, which I can't justify (Have you seen the price of those babies?) so far it all seems to be about experiences. So - in no particular order


  • A journey on a sleeper train. Staying within the UK, that would mean Scotland or Cornwall. Both or either of them would be fine. I seem to be the only female of my acquaintance who does not have Poldark fever, so Aiden Turner is quite safe from me. I'll take the scenery thanks.
  • A night or two in an interesting location - like a lighthouse or a stately home. 
  • A trip up the Shard. Not sure about my reliability in relation to heights though. 
  • A visit to Portmeiron. That's been on lists ever since The TV series The Prisoner, and I still haven't made it. A little bit of Italy in Wales. I'll get there. Eventually.
  • A visit to all the castles in Wales. Well, maybe not all of them. I dragged my parents around most of the ones in Pembrokeshire on holidays when I was a kid, so this would be a kind of pilgrimage. And I'm sure there'd be a book in it.
    Tenby Castle. It's a start. 
  • On a similar note - visit more old buildings, stately homes and such. And gardens. I love gardens. As I don't drive, visits are more difficult than they should be, which is why they get on the bucket list. 
  • Museums  and art galleries - visiting them. Another of my favourite occupations. This list is beginning to sound very self improving. Of course, as I have said before, often, there is always that thought in the back of the mind. 'Where would I hide the body?'
  • Classical concerts. I know nothing about music, but I enjoy hearing it played live. A chance to let the mind wander and figure out future plots. I tried to bury a hero alive during a concert in St Martin's in the Field once.  He was very indignant about it, particularly as the heroine had to rescue him. The book in question is way down the line - actually I'm not sure there is a whole book - but it will come around one day. 


I think that's about it for the moment. Oh - and of course that visit to Leicester, to see Richard III's tomb.

No comments:

Post a Comment