Wednesday 22 February 2017

And breathe ...

This is the next one. In the summer series, that is.
The Christmas one is not quite so long. 
The manuscript has finally left the building. After what I hope is the last round of major edits.

How do I feel? Relieved, scared, excited - all the usual stuff about getting a book on its way.

This novella has been a very long time in the process, and even now I have no idea when it will finally see the outside world. I hope it will be soon, but I'm sure it will be back for more tweaks and corrections before anything else happens. And it needs a name, and a cover and then maybe ...

It's a summer book, so I'd love for it to be out for the summer holiday season - sunshine days and sultry nights, even if it's only on the page.

There were times when I wondered if I should give up on it, that the universe was sending me a message that it was never to be. I didn't give up, and I'm glad of that because although it was a long while ago now, there was so much joy when I was writing it, the words spilled onto the page, and I think some of that feeling is still there, in Cassie and Jake's romance.

So - now we wait.

And what's next? That will be sorting out the Christmas novella, ready to submit it. Then we will all have to cross our fingers that my publisher likes it. Snow, not sun for that one. And I really hope it won't take so long as it's immediate predecessor!

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment